Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

5 April 2014

Italy 2014 – Day 8 / Vicenza

That’s it! Last day.

We spend the morning in Vicenza today – but lunch at 1PM + Italian trains being notoriously late = we got back to Verona around 4PM!

Again it was worth comparing fast and slow trains, on the way home for example the fast train was 16€ for 25 minutes and slow one was 4€ for 40 minutes!!

Vicenza is beautiful, almost like Venice without the water and the decay, but it’s also very small so a 1/2 day is plenty.

IMG_5283 IMG_5303 IMG_5315

IMG_5327

Back in Verona, we took a last wander through the city and had a last diner in Piazza Del Elbe…  sadly – predictably – the food was lousy.  It always is when you have a meal in a touristy place. Good food and nice views are often mutually exclusive!

We called it quits around 6:30, back to the room early to pack and get ready to fly home tomorrow. I am pissed off because I can’t find my luggage locks ANYWHERE! I know they are in the room somewhere… but where??? GRRRR  plus, I only have 1 back-up lock!! don’t know how I could have misplaced (let alone lose) them when I unpacked.

I hope this is not a sign of the kind of journey we will have on the way home.  Please God let us not miss our 3AM wake up call – or 6AM flight to Germany – and please let the Lufthansa pilot strike chaos which ended today not delay us and please let us arrive home safe and sound!

(I miss my cats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment