Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

5 April 2014

Italy 2014 – Day 3 / Bolzano

Good news! My data plan works!!

Although I have to say that the people with whom I spoke DID provide good customer service, the way my issue was resolved leads me to think I should report it anyway because there is definitely some training that is lacking!

  • When I landed in Germany on our layover, I got an automated text message welcoming me to Germany saying that if I have not already purchased a data pass I should do so and a link & phone number was provided. (I bought the data pass about 4 days before leaving home). I could not get on line so I called the number and the rep guided me through making sure my phone was properly set up. He also suggested I reset my network settings but that it would sever our connection – I tried it anyway. No luck. I could not call back because it was time to get on our flight.
  • When I landed in Italy, I got the same automated message welcoming me to Italy and telling me the same. Again, nothing worked so I called. The rep double checked everything yada yada, said everything looked fine, opened a ticket and sent me an email saying they identified the issue and it was escalated and would be solved by the end of the day Friday. It wasn’t.
  • I called this morning and the rep said that he could not check the status of the ticket at that time (about 2AM in Canada) because they were doing maintenance on the system and he could not look it up. Whatever.
  • I called again this afternoon when we got off the train from our day trip, spoke to Solomon who instantly saw what was wrong and fixed it in less than a minute. Go Solomon!!!  But why couldn’t agent 1 and 2 do that???  They were VERY nice, but it seems to me perhaps they lacked access to information or some training based on how fast and simple it was for Solomon to fix it all!

But enough of that for today: the problem is solved.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Today we took a vacation from our vacation and we went to Austria…  almost.  We spent the day in Bolzano (Bolzen) which was part of Austria until Mussolini stuck his nose in.

It was FANTASTIC! All future excursions on the vacation are going to have to compete with Bolzano for top spot in Day Trips! It reminded us so much of Innsbruck and Salzburg – complete with a Sacher Shop and Mozartkugeln. The architecture, the landscape, the language…  we were not in Italy!  We’ve been saying we want to go back to Austria next year – this day cemented that idea!

IMG_4872 IMG_4917

IMG_4890

IMG_0269

Everything was in German which made me happy as my German is way better than my Italian and it was therefore effortless to communicate. 

Along with the German language came German Food and we indulged in our favourites! White sausage with pretzel and sweet mustard for me and pig knuckles for him!

IMG_0264 IMG_0265 

The most interesting part of the day was a visit to the Archaeological Museum to visit Ötzi. If you don’t remember the headlines of his discovery back in 1991, the click here to read all about him.  The museum was fascinating! Even better than I anticipated and my husband who didn’t really care about this Ice-Mummy and didn’t understand why I wanted to see it left the Museum raving about the exhibit.

After walking around town for hours, we took a break in the main Piazza (or rather, I should say: Platz) so I could have my requisite Aperol Spritz! I just love the colour!

IMG_0272

We made it back to Verona by 6:15 and had a few drinks in Piazza Bra before calling it a day. 

Before I leave you, here is a shot of me continuing to keep my promise to my colleagues to keep away from cats!

IMG_4913

No comments:

Post a Comment