Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

5 April 2014

Italy 2014 – Day 2 / Brescia

Another fun day!

Some of the “problems” from yesterday are solved: The hotel wifi is now working and the room temperature is back to normal, but the data pass I bought for my Iphone is still not working.  I was told yesterday that is was not provisioned properly and that the issue would be solved by the end of the day….  it’s not. I’m pissed about it, but lucky since I work for the company I know who to complain to! jerks.

Being back in Italy is slightly surreal because I feel like I was here just last week - it doesn't feel like 6 months since we last visited, it feels like I never left! This also takes a little of the novelty out of it, but we’re still having a nice time.

The weather is nice, but tricky. Freezing in the shade and HOT in the sun so I don’t know how to dress! We’ve eaten outside a few times, including having drinks in cafés, but we never quite know what to expect. Too hot to sit in the sun, but with no sun at all we need jackets. Still, I am happy that it’s not sticky-sweaty-crazy hot and we have blue skies. I ultimately have nothing to complain about!

We slept until 8AM this morning, giving us almost 11 hours of sleep last night so we are already adjusted to Italy Time; we don’t suffer much from jet lag – we’re lucky and we know it! It was only a 5 hour time-difference this time since they haven’t moved their clocks forward yet, that happens tonight.

I mentioned yesterday that I was able to fondle Juliette’s boobs, here’s the proof:

IMG_4805

I decided to go with the right one this time instead of the left for symmetry ;)

Today we went to Brescia. I picked that for the first day trip because the ride is only about 30 minutes and trains run twice per hour so we would not have to commit to a fixed departure time in the morning. Although like I mentioned we don’t suffer from jet lag, I do like to take it easy on the first full day! The fast train was sold out in 2nd class on the way there so we bought first class - 21€ instead of 17€, not bad… the slow train on the was home was only 6€!

Brescia was nice, a good small place to explore on our first full day. We arrived around 10 and stopped for lunch around 1:30. (and we forgot to take a picture of the resto – damn)

IMG_4813

IMG_4822

IMG_4833

IMG_4851

By 3:30, we heading back to Verona in time for drinks in Piazza Bra. I just love sitting in cafe, having a drink and watching the world go by… aaaaahhhh. Funny how being in a different city (country, continent) changes your tastes; I never have Aperol at home - I don’t care for it that much – but when I am in Italy, Aperol Spritz is a must… if only for the colour!

IMG_0248 

They had wifi at this cafe so I was able to reinitialize my Instagram account, but don't ask me how or why all the Pic Stitch collages I made of my meals today are gone. GRRR I finally accessed my account and uploaded the one that was still in Pic Stitch, but then I could not upload it to Facebook. I eventually got so frustrated I just gave up – we left to go tour the Old Roman Amphitheatre and that’s when I realized I left my guidebook behind! GRRRRR. Thankfully, the waiter had it and gave it back. Phew!! My guidebooks are my best vacation souvenir. Full of notes and highlighted sections of things I have seen (this guide book covered 4 trips to Italy!!!) I was overjoyed to get it back!

Time to hit the sac now, but I leave you with this last picture. My colleagues made me promise not to touch any cats on this vacation after missing 2 days of work following a disgusting allergic reaction to fleas (?? bugs??) when I got home from Italy last time. I hope they get a kick out of this picture of me keeping my promise!

IMG_4854

No comments:

Post a Comment