Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

24 April 2013

Germany 2013 - Day 6 / Munich

Munich.... Aaaahhhhh so good to be back!

Our plan was to check into the hotel before exploring the town, but we changed our minds on route since that would have taken over an hour. Instead, we put our suitcases in lockers at the train station and hit the town running!

Good thing we've been here before because there is a lot of construction blocking some sights. We already took pictures of everything in 2008 so the disappointment-factor is null. Still, the city is just a beautiful as we remembered - so nice to be back!!

Lunch was a no-brainer: Hofbraühaus. It was too cold to sit outside last time, but it was 20C today so we took advantage.

I noticed a few additions to the menu too: red wine & white sausage. In 2008 it's what I wanted and they didn't have it. Plus, I've had bad luck with the wine here... I don't like it!! It's always some fruity sweet crap, and even though I order "dry" I am almost always disappointed. I've had many meals with only 2 or 3 sips of wine and just left the rest!

My patience was rewarded today; the wine was very satisfying. My husband discovered wheat-beer thanks to the help of our friends yesterday, so we left the Hofbraühaus with a decent buzz! HA!



No comments:

Post a Comment