Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

1 April 2013

London 2013 - Day 2

Another great day! If you don't consider the time it took to eat and drink, we were on our feet about 7 hours if not more.

We walked our feet off! We retraced some of our steps from yesterday, but also took in Covent Garden, Soho, Buckingham Palace & The Mall, Hyde Park & the Diana Memorial Fountain which was closed for maintenance last time we were here. Knightsbridge area, Royal Mews, and also tracked down the location of the CBC studio to take a picture of the view we see behind the London correspondents.

After all that walking, my left knee if killing me now! I hope it does not linger into tomorrow!

On the bright side, my cold seems to be gone for good, thank God, because it's SO FREAKING COLD!!! I'm sure with the wind it was below 0 today. Yesterday I had to buy a hat, today I had to buy a scarf. Thankfully it's nice & dry so far.

Our first "sleep" was not the greatest. The guy next to us is SO LOUD that not only did I need Niquil to help me sleep, but I also took a sleeping pill. I asked the receptionist when they would be checking out, and she told me tomorrow. Good.

Good day food-wise. We wanted to have lunch at Harrods but it was closed so we tried an Iraqi restaurant. The food was good; middle eastern, like Turkish or Lebanese or Greek. I had lamb (see pictures below)

For supper, it was Italian; across the street from Bouji, a club known for its celebrity clientele, like Princes William & Harry in their bachelor days.

We did have a drink at a pub today, so don't worry we did have something local, but really, I can't do fish & chips every day! I need to alternate- maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow: Hampton Court in the AM, after that we'll just see where the wind blows.

Good night!







No comments:

Post a Comment