Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

27 April 2013

Germany 2013 - Day 9 / Regensburg

We were very impressed with Regensburg and would definitely recommend a day trip here. As a matter of fact, I'd consider it for a home-base city on a future visit instead of Munich - depending on the train connections.

Lots to see and do, my guide book was right when it said Regensburg is big on the historical wow factor. I especially liked the many many "platz"s and lots of pedestrian zones.

We lucked out with the weather too, it was supposed to rain, but as it happened it was barely overcast. Kind of annoying because I dragged my raincoat and our umbrellas around, plus I took it easy on the sunscreen! Still, that's not a complaint; we appreciate the dry days.

Lunch was especially atmospheric, in a Biergarten along the Danube, across the old stone bridge with views of the old town. Fantastic!

Here are 2 shots of the resto (Alte Linde), our meals, and views of the old bridge & old town.












No comments:

Post a Comment