Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

19 April 2013

Germany 2013 - Day 1 / Dresden

6PM, I'm scrubbed & showered & in bed - my husband is snoring away beside me.

We had a great day; Dresden really is an attractive place! We could have kept going, but since neither of us are in ideal health we concluded it's not worth the risk. We called it a day around 5.

The flight from Montreal to Frankfurt was so empty, we were each able to grab a row of seats for ourselves and sleep flat. Makes a HUGE difference to your energy levels when you can sleep on the plane!

The hotel is great so far, leaps and bounds better compared to the room in London!! Roomy, comfy, satellite TV & big pillows... Great!

The weather was just warm enough to eat outside, so we did! We had lunch at "Dresden 1900", a touristy place right in tha shadow of the Frauenkirche - the attraction that brought me to Dresden in the first place. I have to admit that this might have been a bit of a mistake because the wind picked up and it became a little uncomfortable. Stupid move for people who are fighting colds!! Nevertheless, it was a delicious lunch with a fantastic view!

We skipped supper since lunch was so filling and just went to a café instead. As we were discussing the virtues of the hotel room, my husband asked me: "did you bring you iPod plug?"

SHIIIIIIT!!! I forgot.

It was bound to happen; too many trips going off without a hitch, we were destined to forget something "important" eventually.

This is a big deal for me; I need my iPod!! Email, blogs, Facebook check ins, weather updates, books etc... I need the freaking plug!!!

So, yes, I went to the mall. This should show you the extent of my desperation!!! I WENT SHOPPING ON VACATION!! I found the Apple Store, but they only had European plugs... so what!! it works, and I'm in Europe often enough to make it worth the 19€!

So there is a quick look at day one, time to recoup!

Goodnight!










1 comment:

  1. What? You're gone again already? I didn't realize the next trip was coming so quickly. Congratulations. I'm glad it was (almost) warm enough to eat outside. It's going to snow again today in Minneapolis - worst spring ever - and I suppose Montreal isn't much better. I hope you have decent weather there. If anyone residing outside of Europe needs a Euro-style iPod adapter, it's you. That was money well spent. You can just leave it in your travel bag permanently. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete