Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

24 April 2013

Germany 2013 - Day 5 / Frankfurt

I woke up with a husky voice and a miiiiild chest discomfort. GAWD being sick on vacation is a pain! My energy is fine, and overall I have to say I feel good, so I hope these little symptoms are not a sign of things to come!

We went to Frankfurt with our friends today, and it was a bit rough going at the start. The ticket machines at the station in Würzburg would not allow us to by tickets to Frankfurt specifically, then it took forever to find the ticket office since the station is buried under heaps of construction.

Once we had the tickets and made it to the platform, an announcement was made saying that the train would be 10 minutes late. Ok fine... until another announcement saying it would be over an hour late!!

It was 10:15 by then and our train was support to leave at 9:55. It turns out that the 8:55 was also crazy late and it was just pulling up. We jumped on it!

Our return was not smooth either, we had trouble with the ticket machines because I was typing WUrzburg instead of WÜrzburg. So dumb. AND that train was late too due to "a police investigation"! No idea yet what it was, but the area in front of the train station was SWARMING with police.

Frankfurt was just ok. Like any other Big Modern City, but nothing like London or New York - really not much to do. The tiny old town is breathtaking, but the rest left us unimpressed. Still, no regrets because now we know!

I didn't even take any iPod pictures! But since I have to include a pictures in the posts (due to the fact what when I share the posts to Facebook the app wants a picture) here's one of I took of the crowded train..

2 comments:

  1. "Jo", a regular contributor on the Rick Steves Helpline, lives in Frankfurt and is always begging people to visit her beautiful city and complaining about how Rick Steves doesn't give it its proper amount of attention. I should send her a link to your blog (she hates me) :)

    ReplyDelete