Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

4 April 2013

London 2013 - Day 5 part 2

Have to make this one brief, it's almost Day 6!!

You know how we spent the morning: at St Paul's. I enjoyed it very much... but is it ever expensive!! In 2005 it was 8£ and I baulked. This year it's 16£!!! At least the audio guide is included in that price.

I was impressed with it, it was a iPod concealed in a black plastic case - I wonder how many get stolen??

I took my time at that price; we stayed an hour and a half - I was please since in 2005 I felt like I rushed through it.

After that, it was lunch at the OXO Tower: amazing.

Then we went to the Clockmakers Museum. It was informative and small- good mix.

After that, the British Museum. UGH HATED IT!!!! so many people! Worse than the Louvre in Paris. I think it's due to a combination of it being free and the cold weather, but it was so packed that you could not really see anything properly. We essentially just went in, saw the Elgin Marbles and left. I was underwhelmed.

Supper was fish & chips in Leister Square, delicious but I have trouble digesting that much fried food in one sitting!!

After supper we went to see a play QUARTERMAINE'S TERM staring Rowan Atkinson (a.k.a. Mr Bean). I got a kick out if seeing him live, but the play was not as funny as advertised so in the end it was just OK.

Only 2 full days left I can't believe it!! Kew Gardens is off the list because its just too cold for that kind of activity... I'm not dissapointed, now we have something to come back to!

Tomorrow we have Highgate Cemetery, HMS Belfast and lunch in an Indian Restaurant planned. After that, we'll see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment