Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 October 2013

Italy 2013 – Day 9 part 1 / Naples

This day so far is a total write off!!! It rained like CRAZY all day!!  Not just a little rain to slow you down but you can still get on with your day type of rain. No. This is hunker down under your umbrella and get soaked to skin type of rain.

I am a drowned rat. Even with my umbrella and rain coat, I am drenched to the bone. I can hear the squish squish of my shoes with every step I take, my jeans are heavy with water…  I am sure none of this will dry by tomorrow!

We didn’t let the weather totally stop us, but it slowed us down significantly. We went to the Archaeological  Museum in the morning, then by 11 we decided to slowly start making our way to the restaurant we had in mind for lunch (the pizzeria featured in the movie Eat Pray Love) figuring it will be close to noon by the time we got there. It took us over 90 minutes to find it because of the rain!  We missed so many streets and turns because we were tucked under our umbrellas, watching our feet and dodging ankle-deep puddles while avoiding the rivers in the streets!!! We made it eventually; the pizza was great and the bill was 12€ for 2 pizzas, 1 water and 1 beer!!

After lunch, with the water still pouring outside, we make our way to another café for a drink and just sat around. Really, it’s all we can do!

It’s a little after 3PM now, and the rain let up enough to be “Not ideal but tolerable while on vacation rain” we stopped by the hotel so my husband can change his pants – I don’t want to change because I only want ONE wet outfit to deal with. We have nothing more planned for the day other than just hitting one café after another until it’s really time to call it quits.

Please God, if it has to rain for the next few days as planned, let it be like right now: drizzle as opposed to a downpour!!!

Pregate per noi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment