Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 October 2013

Italy 2013 – Day 5 / Arezzo

Today (which also happens to be our anniversary) we went to Arezzo. It’s a lovely little place, very little to do…  not convinced that it’s worth the 2.5 hours by train from Rome, but still I am glad I went. I am a huge fan of the movie “Life is Beautiful” so I got a little kick out of seeing some of the locations where the movie was filmed!

I had to resist standing below the window of this building and calling out: Maria! La chiave! 

IMG_3474

Arezzo is very small, so we covered most of it no time… there aren’t a TON of attractions; we visited some of the churches and the Cathedral, but the hands-down best part of the day was lunch. It was the best anniversary lunch ever!! We had a great meal in the Piazza Grande, a great view, some excellent wine…  it was all perfect! I tried taking a million pictures with my Ipod but none can do it justice!

IMG_3468

 IMG_3482

 IMG_3483

IMG_3485

We didn’t do much when we got back to Rome, the train was over 30 minutes late getting in, so we stayed close to the area around the hotel for the evening, had some Chinese food (delicious!) and turned in for the day.

I am disappointed in the long term forecast, rain again all weekend!  BOOOOO!!!!  hope it changes…  but tomorrow looks like another great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment