Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 October 2013

Italy 2013 – Day 9 part 2 / Naples

Well the rest of the day was a complete turn around! It stopped raining so we made it up to Vomero and the Castel’Elmo to get some amazing views over Naples. To get up to Vomero, you have to take the funicular; needless to say I now have ‘Yamma! Yamma! Yamma-Yamma-Ya! Funeeeeeculeeeee Funeeeeculaaaa’ in my head and it won’t get out!!!

Totally worth it, the views from up there were spectacular!!!! The Bay of Naples, Capri, Vesuvius…  gorgeous!

IMG_3971

IMG_3982

IMG_3983

IMG_3995

IMG_4005

We also strolled around the park of Villa Floridiana where I got to play with some new friends!

IMG_3963

 IMG_3959

IMG_3962

You may have also noticed that from the knees down my jeans an shoes were still soaked! I rolled up the jeans because they were so heavy with water they were dragging on the ground!

Then it was off for our last supper in Naples, again we fell into a Tourist Trap with just OK food, but I don’t regret it because we had some sparkling red wine. I was dubious at first, but it was really quite good!

IMG_4021

So that’s it for Naples. I liked it, but I feel like I need a holiday to recover from it!!! 

Onwards to Sorrento tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment