Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 October 2013

Italy 2013 – Day 1 / Rome

With Love From Rome.

Feels funny being back, I feel like I was just here yesterday!! 

We got off to a little bumpy start: Our cab driver got pulled over and earned a 161$ ticket on the way from Home to the airport. I went a little overboard with the pre-vacation resto splurge and ate almost to the point of illness (don’t feel sorry for me, I don’t deserve it). Our plane to Rome was late leaving London, our luggage took FOREVER to get to us, (fleeting thoughts of the bags not making the connection) the train into the city was late…  but we’re still in one piece!

The hotel is just like we remember it from 2006, we’re satisfied… although it’s important to note we have not slept yet! The room is smaller than the last time, but still: nothing really to complain about… except for the Wifi. It’s spotty at best so I don’t know how this whole blogging set up is going to work!

When I blogged from my Ipod, even without Wifi at the hotel, I could still upload my posts whenever I happen to find a connection throughout the course of my day. From the laptop is trickier because I am not carrying it around with me so I am a slave to the “Now you see it now you don’t” connection at the hotel.  I think I will bring it down to breakfast with me tomorrow morning if I can’t get it working tonight and see how that goes.

But back to Rome: Since we arrived at the hotel a little after 7PM, we did not have much of a full day – but we still went out for supper! We remembered a resto we loved in 2006 in the Piazza Barberini and decided to go there again because it was close to the metro (5 stops from the hotel) or a short bus ride away. Even though we felt strong enough to eat out at 8PM, who knows when we would hit the wall!!

It was to die for!!  hopefully a sign of things to come! They gave us a cozy little corner table and we did not pass up the chance to have some Barolo to wash it all down… the PERFECT start to what will be a great vacation I am sure.

IMG_1754[1]

Now, it’s passed 11PM so I must force myself to sleep so that I can hit the ground running tomorrow! I hold out little hope for a great breakfast, in Italy the hotel breakfasts always resemble dessert more than breakfast to me. I am just psyched to start the tourist- adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment