Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

20 September 2014

Switzerland 2014 – Day 9 / Bellinzona & Lugano

CHEESE COUNT: fondue 4 / raclette 1

Am I really still in Switzerland?? Really, Lugano is SO Italian that we keep forgetting it’s Switzerland.  The only clues are that everything is in Francs and not Euros, and everything is expensive.

There’s no hint of German, people speak Italian on the streets, the architecture is right out of the Italian Riviera…  the food, the mood, the colours…  This is Italy. As we were leaving Montreal, my husband was saying he missed Italy – well he’s getting his fix now!

We had lunch in Bellinzona, a town we passed through in 2006 and intrigued us ever since. It was just ok. We weren’t overly impressed; we just poked around, had lunch and moved on to our final destination.  Perhaps we missed all the good parts?

 IMG_6640

IMG_6644

IMG_6648

IMG_6645

In Lugano, we did the same: poked around, had a drink, ate some pizza and loved it all! We did not take many pictures of the actual town because no matter what we did we always seemed to be shooting into the sun. Doesn’t matter – we have lots more from our 2006 visit.

IMG_6675

IMG_6674

IMG_6678

I miss the Swissness of the last few days, and there is ZERO chance of adding to the Cheese Count while we are here, but in a way that’s a good thing. I think I’ve gained 20 pounds in 9 days.

2 comments:

  1. 20 lbs? lol that can't be. Well eff it, you're falling behind on the raclette. Get back to work! In other news, Fernando came over and he fell in love with JR. So if you guys fall off one of those cliff trails, don't worry, Fernando is ready to adopt your cats. JR liked him too. Was sitting next to him, watching him. And F. would give him long drinks at the tap. Gave him tons of lovies.

    OMG I'm watching Dynasty while I work on a job application and it's HILAR. You're right, that blonde guy is a scream. Something about his dead mother. I imagine Joan Collins thinking "Oh god I gave up the stage to act opposite HIM?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. the scene that cracks me up is when Ben gets a call from Australia. "Hello? Who's there? Australia is that you?" then he does his shifty eye thing and sticks out his chin....

    I collapse with laughter every time!!

    ReplyDelete