Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

18 September 2014

Switzerland 2014 – Day 7 / Lucerne & Mount Titlis

CHEESE COUNT: fondue 3 / raclette 1

Today we went up to Mt Titlis (and I had to endure endless stupid jokes from my husband).

Mt Titlis is famous for it’s rotating cable car, I’ve always wondered about this and it turns out it’s very simple: a normal cable car that’s round instead of square with a rotating “disk” in the floor like in a revolving restaurant. It’s neat, but so simple it’s almost curious as to why there aren’t as many out there!

IMG_6406

As you may have surmised from this picture, the weather was not ideal. We had what I call “peek-a-boo” views of the peaks.  Gorgeous but fleeting… and did it EVER change fast!!  From a white wall of nothing to spectacular views back to nothingness in less than a minute.  You had to act fast if you saw a vista you liked!

IMG_6391 IMG_6394

And it was COLD up there too!! (3000m / 10000ft) Below 0°C with the wind. We brought hats and gloves and scarves but I think psychologically my body can’t deal with those temps in September!

IMG_6393 

We had lunch and said to ourselves we’d see what the sky and views were like after – there is a Cliff Walk that tempted us, but the spotty views + crazy cold meant that we just headed back down.

IMG_6417

We spent the rest of the afternoon in Lucerne (got there around 3), and just did a lot of aimless wandering and enjoying the city. We’ve already done the major touristy things in Lucerne on previous visits so we took it easy this time.

IMG_6424 IMG_6439 IMG_6454

One of my favourite pastimes is doing jigsaw puzzles of our vacation pictures (check out the program: brainbreaker), I am particularly looking forward to this one:

IMG_6452

We settled on Italian for supper, you’ve probably heard me say before how I like eating by the water so this seemed extra nice….  even if we were starting to get a little testy due to fatigue.

IMG_6448

This is one of my favourite pictures from the day; I love the reflection in the water!

IMG_6476

Great day! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment