Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

12 September 2014

Switzerland 2014 – Day 1

Not much of a Day One if you consider that most of it was travelling!

Our flight out of Montreal was over 2 hours late, so we flew out after 1AM. I am not sure of the exact time because I promptly feel deep asleep as soon as I got to my seat and so I slept through the take off and dinner, (at that time of night I would not have wanted to eat anyway).

Thank God for long layovers! Although we arrived in Paris 2 hours late, there was no issue with the connecting flight to Basel.

We caught the train to Bern from Basel at 6:30, not bad since I estimated catching it at 7PM, arriving in Bern at 7:30, and less than an hour later we had checked into the hotel, unpacked, and headed out for a meal.  (Italian just around the corner, nothing special. Too late in the day to chow down on a fondue feast!)

It’s interesting to be back – Switzerland does not seem foreign to me at all – yet we definitely are not home! Speaking and understanding the dialect has a lot to do with that.

It’s almost 10:30PM now and we need showers so it will be a late night, but surprisingly we are still feeling good!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment