Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 September 2014

Switzerland 2014 – Day 2 / Bern

CHEESE COUNT: fondue 1 / raclette 0

Fantastic Day!!

We set the alarm to wake us up by 8, no sleeping the day away!!  We don’t get jet lag, but the first day & night are not always easy; we must force ourselves to get into a routine.

We hit the ground running by about 9AM, a nice wander through Bern…

IMG_5920

IMG_5932

IMG_5936

Inevitably, we made our way to the iconic Bear Pits. Thankfully, animal rights activists have finally forced the creation of the Bear Park, so now the pits are only a small portion of the enclosure. I think the park opened in 2008-ish, so I hadn’t seen it before – I have to admit that it’s a heluva lot nicer for the bears!!!

IMG_5942

IMG_5945

After that, it was off to lunch to meat up with my aunt and cousins (dad’s side). Was so nice to see them again after all these years!!  One of my cousins could not make it, but I was very happy to have this reunion… plus the views overlooking Bern from the restaurant they picked we out of this world!!!

IMG_5960

IMG_5962

IMG_5975

And OF COURSE, I blinked as the picture was snapped!  typical!

IMG_5984

We parted ways around 4 ish, and my husband and I spend the rest of the day wandering aimlessly around the city until we finially decided on fondue for supper around 7. Truth be told, it was not that great; I’ve had much much much better!!

IMG_1043

IMG_1048

Calling it a day now - not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow night, my wifi pass expires around 10PM, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Nice day! The weather here is bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! For the next time you must go to http://www.loetschberg-aoc.ch/ for an better fondue :-) See you

    ReplyDelete