Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

10 September 2012

Italy 2012 - Day 4 / San Remo

Fed up with the heat!

We went to San Remo today, it was nice! Well... at least the shady parts were. It was around 32C with the humidity and we were melting! We made a pact: no more vacations at this time of year to this part of the globe. Next year, for our Rome & Sorrento anniversary trip, we'll aim for later - like late September or October.

We enjoyed San Remo, although we did not do much exploring due to the temps; it reminded me a lot of many other Riviera Towns we've visited - good and bad.

We had a nice lunch near the marina, great views of the boats and the water. I had trofie al pesto AGAIN but I have to put the breaks on that too because it's heavy that it makes me sluggish all afternoon! We'll be back in Torino at 8PM tonight, which is just as well because I won't be hungry for diner before then after that lunch. (we're in the train as I write this - I intend to post it when we get to the hotel)

I am having second thoughts about our day trip to Asti & Alba. I got it in my head that it will be a lot like other little towns we've seen and I'm not keen on seeing MORE sameness. I rather stay in town (Torino) and checkout the automobile museum and the cinema museum - both said to be the best in the world! That's high praise and it's tempting me!

I'll leave you with some shots of San Remo and lunch (believe me the trofie is MUCH better than it looks!!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment