Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

17 September 2012

Scotland 2012 - Day 4

The geography of Scotland is really beautiful. The Highlands were special, I'm glad I had a chance to experience them for a few days.

Another nice day today; we went to see a sheepdog "display". It was action-packed!! Those dogs are quite something... you can't believe how FAST they run.

There was a dog there who fell in love with my husband and just would not let him go!! It was hysterical!! He could not take two steps without that dog following close behind. I said it was the beginning of a love story; we'll go back in a few years and film the reunion. It's sure to go viral on YouTube!

I fell in love with the puppies, the youngest of which was only 6 weeks old. So cuuuuute! but I still don't want one.

After that, it was a lunch stop in Pitlochry.

Most of the time on these tours, you have to pick between a nice sit-down meal or sightseeing because they tend to be short stops. This is even worse if you like shopping; thankfully that's not my problem. Of course, if all you want for lunch is a sandwich, then you'd be fine.

Pitlochry is a charming town, but it's basically one street so walking up and down it looking for a place to eat = you've seen it all.

We had an hour and forty five minutes this time!! I was so happy because it meant that FINALY we could have a long slow lunch. We had a fantastic bottle of red wine, fancy fish and chips, and for desert, a plate of Scottish cheeses. Absolutely perfect.

In the afternoon, we went to a Whisky distillery. Didn't thrill me, but it was a short visit so it was ok. We got some free samples at the end; I liked the cream liquor, it was better than Bailey's!

Now we are at the Hotel in Dundee, it's a Hilton - nice enough, but the hotel in Inverness last night was so perfect that my standards are now impossibly high!

My only real criticism about this place is that during diner tonight, there was no drink service! I asked about it, and was told I would have to order at the bar myself because it's such a large group. WHAT??? So not cool. Jeez, if you know there is a group coming in, plan ahead!! Put on an extra shift! What the hell!!! I paid for a "nice" full sit down diner, not a cafeteria style meal. Getting up to the bar to get my own glass of wine? This will go in my survey at the end for sure!





No comments:

Post a Comment