Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

24 April 2012

Paris 2012 - Day 4 part 2

So how did it go?

We left the hotel for dinner around 7pm

The weather was PERFECT!! The rain has been on and off all week so far - sunny one minute, downpours the next - so it was so nice to have a clear sky for over 30 minutes straight!!!

We took a detour to walk under the Eiffel Tower again; we see it almost everyday from a distance but the weather was soooo nice, I wanted to visit and linger a little longer this time.

Neither one of us wanted meat for dinner; we are red-meated out!!! So we went for Italian instead. Sadly by the time we sat at the table and ordered, my husband lost the second wind he gained by having a nap and had no appetite to eat - he barely touched his spaghetti.

I on the other hand, having barely eaten anything in 24 hours, ate like there was no tomorrow. I had a mushroom pizza and just about licked the plate clean.

My husband practically had to be rolled home he was so tired - poor guy! I told him to turn off the alarm for tomorrow morning (we have it set for 7:30 every day) and we'll have a slow lazy start to the day.

My secondary motivation for this suggestion was to ensure he rests up tomorrow as much as possible because the day after that, we plan a day-trip to Rouen. I already decided I will go to The Louvre tomorrow if I am on my own.

Have a look at the interesting decor they had at the resto tonight, flattened wine bottles hanging from the ceiling:

1 comment: