Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

22 April 2012

Paris 2012 - Day 2

Well, its only the end of day 2 yet it feels like day 15!!!

My cold is gone, but I still took some NyQuils for tonight... my husband is currently snoring so loudly beside me; I might need the a little help to fall asleep! I think the people outside can hear him.

We're knocking things off our list quite quickly:

• Les Halles - closed off and boarded up for renos
• Centre Pompidou - neat, but kind of an old story. I am sure when it was built, it had a bigger impact
• Point Zero - Was a big deal to finally see it after searching for it for so long last time!!
• Back to the gardens near the Louvre to get more pictures of the tulips that impressed me last time... they are not as pretty this year
• Napoleon's Tomb - neat, similar set up as Grant's Tomb in New York
• Rue Cler - Rick Steves raves about this place... I don't get it. It's nice, sure, but after all his hype I was expecting to be blown away! So not a big deal
• Plaque honouring the victims of the Vel d'Hiv - if you read the book "Sarah's Key" this might mean something to you. I got goose bumps
• Statue of Liberty - meh
• Fontainebleau - what a long crazy adventure to get there!!! (that's a story for another day) It was a cute little town, and the castle (palace) was very nice but we did not visit the inside. We just strolled around the gardens
• Le Train Bleu - fantastic lunch
• La Coupole - another good meal

A few restos got axed from our list:
• Thoumieux - too fancy, we want something more casual
• Le Bosquet - Another Rick Steve Rave. Didn't look that special to us
• Le Ciel de Paris - Closed for reno

The food is great, but its too much red meat... we need a break. I think I will suggest fish tomorrow!! We skipped diner tonight as a matter of fact, since we were beyond full after lunch today.

The weather is on and off, when it rains it only lasts 10-15 minutes. Tomorrow looks worse, and rain is predicted all week!

Almost 10pm, I should go to bed but I am getting sucked into the election results...

Bye for now!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the snoring and fighting off elections. Let me know who wins!

    ReplyDelete