Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

24 April 2012

Paris 2012 - Day 4 part 1

It's 5:30pm, the sun is finally out, and we are back in the room so my husband can take a nap.

Normally, this would have caused an argument with me spitting out lines like: "I did not come all this way (to Europe) to have a nap!! I'll sleep when I am dead!!" and then leaving him at the hotel and wandering off on my own, but I have to admit that I wanted a pit stop too in order to make sure that yesterday's troubles are truly over!!

I behaved today, and was mad about it the entire time!!! ALL DAY I felt like I was missing out, but I had to remind myself that one day of sacrifice is worth it because if not, it might be 4 more days of misery.

I had a banana at the hotel for breakfast around 8. Then, around 10 after visiting Eglise de la Madeleine, we stopped in a cafe - I had some tea and tempted fate with a croissant, (it made me nervous because they're buttery). After that, we went on to visit Sacré Coeur and explore Place du Tertre and I felt fine.

Bolstered by my successful snack, for lunch around 2pm, I had half a mushroom omelet and about 8 fries.

Around 4 we stopped for another drink, I had tea again, but they were out of plain croissants and gave me an almond croissant instead DANGER!! I was hesitant to eat it! They are delicious, but also rich and heavy... I ate about half (see picture) and we decided to go home right after juuuust in case.

I'm fine, I think my troubles are over. Thank God because a day in Paris without wine and cheese is just not right!!!!

My husband is now fast asleep, I'll let him go for another half hour or so... I really don't want him to get sick, but not just because I care about him and his health, I have more selfish motives too!! When he is sick, all he wants to do is sleep, and if he does go out its like I am dragging a rock around with me. A grumpy rock. I don't mind going off exploring on my own, but I do prefer having him (in a good mood) by my side!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment