Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 April 2015

France 2015 – Day 7 / Pont du Gard & Avignon

Today we FINALY made it to the Pont du Gard. It was amazing.

IMG_7478

IMG_7472

I have to say that getting there with public transportation is not that good. Your time options are very limited, and if you miss a bus you are screwed.  We would have loved to have lunch in the nice resto with a full on view of the Pont, but our bus back was at 1:20 which meant we safely had until 12:45 to eat yet the place only opened at 12. Nowhere near enough time to open a bottle of wine, order a nice meal, sit back and enjoy.  Had we decided to stay for lunch, it would have meant getting the bus back at 5:30 and there goes the day.

Will still had plenty of time to admire the monument, climb up to the look-out and down to the river bed, see the little movie in the reception hall, have a snack (sandwich) and visit the museum.

IMG_7486

IMG_7493

IMG_7491

IMG_7510

We got back to Avignon by 2PM and just soaked in the city with no particular plans. We’ve seen it all before back in 2010 so this visit was all about just hanging out and enjoying. We crossed the river to admire the sites from the opposite bank, stopped in a café to have a drink & a bite to eat since lunch was a bust, then just wandered the city aimlessly.

IMG_7526

IMG_7525

IMG_7543

IMG_7541

IMG_7551

Dinner provided a little entertainment. We went to the Brasserie du Theatre…  very aptly named since a fight broke out between the staff and a drunken, belligerent customer.  I didn’t see what happened, but my husband did and was on his feet in moments to watch it all go down.  I hissed at him to sit down and not draw attention to himself and I swear if I was not there he would have taken pictures!  They finally called the cops to drag him away (the drunken patron, not my husband – ha!) and we said to ourselves that had this been in the states, he would have been tazed for sure!

IMG_7548

After dinner, we took a last stroll through the main square (where out hotel is) and decide to stop for desert.  BIG MISTAKE! we feel into a classic trap. Nice table + nice view = a fortune for shitty food.  My husband had a banana split with about a quarter of a banana.  I ordered a Grand Marnier and got a Cointreau instead.  Bah, whatever.  That’s life!

We pack up tonight, it’s back to Lyon tomorrow for our last full day.  Yesterday, I wondered if we’d sleep well here and we did! Very comfortable despite a second ant I found IN the bed and a mosquito that landed on my nose.  We also found the shutters to block out the light, it did not make sense that we only had sheers so we took a second look out the window and voila.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, a floor show with dinner.
    Was it a knockout or did it go to a decision?

    I'm glad you got to eat at the resto I suggested in Lyon.
    Did it live up to my hype?

    LouFish

    ReplyDelete