Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

9 April 2015

France 2015 – Day 4 / Annecy

Yesterday, I said I solved the problem for where to go on our 3rd day trip.  I did not mention what city we settled on, but my friend Denis commented: “Let me guess: Annecy or Geneva”.

I am SO thankful he wrote that!!!  We had in fact decide to go to Geneva, but because he mentioned Annecy, it threw another possibility into the mix and we liked the prospects so much, we nixed Geneva at the last minute and went to Annecy.

The train ride to Annecy was only 15 minutes more than Geneva, and price-wise it was about 10€ less, so really a tie, but what motivated us was the fact that it was: 1- a new place 2- still in France so cheaper 3- my guidebook made it sound promising.  I also think that one of my colleagues might have mentioned this city to me… there is something familiar about the idea but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

NO REGRETS! it was terrific! We had a fantastic day. Beautiful old town – touristy in a good way (lots of restos and cafés), beautiful lake and walking paths around it (we took a one-hour boat cruise around the lake), views of the French Alps, a castle, 2 canals, lots of old buildings… just fantastic.

The pictures speak for themselves, there is not much more I can add!  (they may look a little hazy because we had to shoot towards the sun, but overall I still think they look great)

IMG_7288

IMG_7287

IMG_7258

IMG_7259

IMG_7275

IMG_7281

IMG_7319

IMG_7323 

Of course, as always, me with my nose deep in the guidebook!..  making sure I don’t miss a thing!

IMG_7261

1 comment: