Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

11 April 2015

France 2015 – Day 6 / Arles

We changed hotels today, now based in Avignon. I feel like we went from one extreme to the other! From a nice apartment with kitchenette to an as-basic-as-it-gets box with a bed. There is nowhere to put anything so we have to live out of our bags, including toiletries, but it’s clean so that’s good… however I did see an ant in the bathroom just now…

I am not so sure we’ll get a good night’s sleep. There are no curtains to keep the light out (just sheers), we’re right next to the elevator in an echo-y hallway and although the location of the hotel is fantastic since we are right in the old town (in the corner of the square) the noise travels up!  Plus it’s the weekend so the locals will be out late too.  Ah well. Gotta take the good with the bad!

We love Avignon, it’s so beautiful! We saw most of it already in 2010 but it’s great to be back.  We did not spend the entire day here however, after arriving this morning around 10AM and checking into the hotel to dump our bags, we got back on the train and went to Arles. I have been pinning to see the Café Van Gogh for ages so I was very excited!

Holy crap it’s crazy yellow!  To me, in this picture my husband took it actually seems toned down! Did they paint it like that on purpose so that in would turn out nicer in pictures?  I wonder…

IMG_7411

We didn’t eat there, we ate at another resto a few steps away.

After lunch we just wandered around a for bit before heading back to Avignon around 5:30 for the rest of the evening. 

Here are a few pictures of Arles, I’ll work on Avignon tomorrow.

Good night!

IMG_7404

IMG_7401

IMG_7413

IMG_7420

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooooooooooo jealous you guys made it to Arles and I didn't.
    Did you sense Van Gogh's spirit when you were at the cafe?
    LouFish

    ReplyDelete