Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

10 April 2015

France 2015 – Day 5 / Dijon

It was a funny day today.

We went to Dijon and had a nice time, we liked the city (turns out the Mustard Capital of the Universe is quite charming) but neither one of us was in a really enthusiastic mood.

It was strange because we weren’t tired, we weren’t grumpy…  just blah. We walked around, took in all the sites, shot lots of pictures, yet somehow we felt uninspired all day.  It was not the city – Dijon is gorgeous – it was us.  In a way, I feel like we missed out a little.

To add insult to injury, we had a bad meal for lunch. Well, my husband said his was terrible but it gets worse with the retelling so I can’ be sure just how bad it was and mine was ok except for a disgusting sauce on the meat of my main meal.

So all in all, a somewhat downer of a day – but inexplicably so.

IMG_7344

IMG_7357

IMG_7358

IMG_7367

IMG_7370

Rubbing “La Chouette” (a well worn stone owl carved into the side of the church) for good luck.

IMG_7386

We got back to Lyon around 7:45 and it seemed a shame to just go back to the room… yet we weren’t hungry… so, being the pigs we are, we went out to eat anyway!

We went to a tartare bar and got into a conversation with the waiter and the owner (this a a frequent occurrence when people realize we are Québécois and they have been to Quebec) and it turns out he got the idea for his tartare resto after discovering one in Montreal! Small world. I’m looking forward to going. http://marche27.com/index.php?lang=fr (you have to go to Facebook if you want to see a picture of my meal since I still can’t upload my Iphone shots to my laptop)

Now tonight it’s time to pack up, we leave Lyon tomorrow morning and head down to Provence. Great city, perfect place to use a home base – the more we explored it, the more we liked it.  I still think that 2 full days are enough to explore the city as a tourist. (We’ll be back Monday for our last day).

Loved our hotel, Citadines is always great.  We took a studio with a sofa bed, and check out how neat this is! I have never seen a sofa bed with 2 separate mattresses!

IMG_7112

IMG_7214

That’s it for today!  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Sunshine.
    Sounds like you're suffering from either travel fatigue or Loufish withdrawal.
    I think it's the latter.

    Love the sofa bed.

    ReplyDelete