Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

18 April 2022

Paris 2022 - Day 6

 As my vacation went on, I had no will to work on my blog nightly. 

I completed the entries after I got home.

Steps today: 22 644 / 14.67km


Another full day, and the weather was slightly better because the skies were a little overcast and that helped keep the fire ball in the sky at bay. 

We started by taking the metro over to the Pont Mirambeau so I could get some pictures of the Statue of Liberty.




Breakfast was the usual coffee and croissant


And then a wander around the neighbourhood to snap more random sights









I love this one! Bacchus Barfing? LOLOLOL



Time for liquid fuel, and even better than "my usual" they had Montbazillac on the menu. Such a nice place and we had a sort-of view of the Eiffel Tower too.




We crossed the Seine after that, but we circumvented the Tower; we weren't in the mood for more crowds. Still, we managed some nice views.




Next, lunch time!




We swung over to Avenue Rapp to get a few snaps of the Lavirotte Building





We wanted to get some pictures of the Invalides next, but yet again - it was all under reno so we just crossed the Alexandre III bridge...





... over to the Grand Palais...  which was covered for renos. ARGH!


Next was the Jeff Koons' Bouquet of Tulips art installation. It's very controversial since it cost over 3 million euros! I think it's really cool, Frank wasn't crazy about it.





We took the metro to our next neighbourhood to collect more pictures of random sights.







I needed help digesting my lunch, so it was Grand Marnier for me on our drink stop.



Next was the Paris Meridian / Rose Line / French Prime Meridian

Fun and games ensued when suddenly my data stopped working. Just like that!

For the life of us, we could not figure out why or what the Hell happened! Frank's was working fine. Over and above the fun of "post-as-you-go", there is the very practical need of access to emails and flight info and Covid vaccincation apps etc that I really need! I also use a personalized Google map with various pins for all my plans; I really felt helpless without it. We tried every trouble-shooting solution we could think of! Nothing worked. I was doomed to be data-less for the rest of the trip.

I was so focused on the phone, that I almost missed this awesome, beautiful detail of the building right in front of me. Thankfully, I looked up! 

The evolution of love? I think it's amazing.





The data-drama really put a black cloud over my mood and it was hard to shake. I even had trouble cheering up for my terrific supper.



As mysteriously as it stopped working, it suddenly started again!  Thank. God. My good mood was lifted sky-high and I felt like I was floating back to the hotel.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment