Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

17 April 2022

Paris 2022 - Day 5

As my vacation went on, I had no will to work on my blog nightly. 

I completed the entries after I got home.

Steps today: 23 488 / 15.34 km


Happy Easter!

We started the day off with a walk over to the St Vincent de Paul Church so I could show Frank the Mosaics. Beautiful.





Then it was breakfast across the street. You'd be surprised how filling a croissant can be for breakfast. I learned a long time ago that if I want a big lunch I can't have any more than this for breakfast....  and it's soooooo  deliciiiiiiicious! 

It was full on sun, but when it's only 10°C being in the sun is perfect.



After a walk to photograph more miscellaneous sights....




....we took the metro next to the Parc Butte-Chaumont. I've wanted to go many times before, but it always got knocked down the list and I never made it. I am glad I finally went with Frank because he really enjoyed it.

We could not actually visit the Temple of Sybille; it's temporarily closed due to unstable ground! Yikes! Still, it was a lovely walk around the lake.






From there, we walked along the Villette Canal basin until Kir aux Pêches o'clock






We were getting too hot to walk further, so we took the metro from there to Place de la Bastille because finally after so many visits the renos are all done and I wanted to get a picture.

We got sidetracked by lunch first, and then I forgot all about taking pictures of the column! Figures. I sort of got one from the resto terrasse, it will have to do!








After lunch, we strolled through Place des Voges and the Marais...  which is not really one of my favourite areas in Paris. Sure it's charming, but it's always too crowded and cramped that it wears me out.





I needed a break after this, so we crossed over to Isle St Louis and the first shady spot we could see. Kir aux Pêches again for me of course.


I love this picture! the colour and the lighting effect in the glass - so mesmerizing!


Then, a walk along the periphery of the island to admire the Seine...  and all the people who like the sun WAY more than us!







Frank was a little fed up with French food by now, and frankly, I was so full from lunch that I didn't really care where we'd have supper. So, it was Italian.  I just had a grilled vegetable salad and it wasn't that good, but pasta made Frank's evening so it was a win overall.



We walked back towards to the hotel after that....



...  and Frank was my hero this evening, he agreed to stop for a last sip along the way. He knows how I don't want to call it a day a second sooner than necessary, so he relented and offered it before I even asked.

The picture of the resto is blurry, too bad, it was so pretty!





I knew not to push it any longer after this, so we called it a night for good.



No comments:

Post a Comment