Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

16 April 2022

Paris 2022 - Day 4

As my vacation went on, I had no will to work on my blog nightly. 

I completed the entries after I got home.

Steps today: 24 215 / 15.63km



We started today with the usual croissant and coffee for breakfast.



Then onwards taking pictures all the way as usual.






Our destination was, Les Halles  / Bourse which Frank has not seen since the renovations were finished.








Then the Église St Eustache that I have been wanting to re-visit for many trips and just never got around to it.



It was an interesting visit; all the statues and lamps were shrouded. Seems it's related to lent, sacrificing the beauty of the church to better focus on Christ's suffering. Interesting. I'm not religious at all, so it was all new to me.






It was Kir aux Pêches o'clock after this




And more picture taking....







I was excited about lunch today, we went to "Le Relais de l'Entrecôte" which is my favourite chain in Paris. They have 5 locations, 3 of which are in Paris (the other 2 are in Switzerland) and I have already done 2 of 3 Parisian locations so today was #3. We took the metro instead of walking because I was getting to hungry to wait. It was delicious as usual.












After lunch, we strolled through the Jardin Luxembourg since Frank missed it yesterday. Was every Parisian there too?








The weather on this trip is really challenging. It's 5 - 8°C in the morning, and 20+ in the afternoon so since we (I) don't want to waste time doing back to the room to change in the middle of the day, we're either always melting or freezing. At this time, we were melting so we got on a bus over to the Eiffel Tower area for a cool drink and yet another attempt to get our pictures..  Success!



And...  of course, a mix of other random beauties along the way








We were wilting in the heat and after we turned off the Champs-Élysées, because we were so hot and moody and wanted to stop, we found ourselves in a area with no relaxing sidewalk cafés. Fed up, we hopped on a bus to bring us close to home and found a place about 10 minutes from the hotel.

It was a bit of a fail, but you can't win 'em all!

Frank asked for a white beer and got a regular one instead. 
I asked for a Kir aux Pêches and avocado toast, and got a classic Kir with guacamole and chips.
Frank said his Caesar salad was crap and didn't eat much of it, but thankfully he didn't care - he was too tied to eat anyway.
We never did get out water
My food (when I finally got what ordered) was great! but in our moods, all the mishaps annoyed us more than usual.





That was it for us after that. All we wanted to do was be horizontal and sleep!





No comments:

Post a Comment