Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

13 October 2024

Austria & Germany 2024 - Day 8 / Coburg

Steps today: 22 062 / 14.53 km

I am starting to think I am doomed when it comes to making plans for direct transport. Like the flight from Montreal to Vienna, and the train from Vienna to Regensburg that I purposely chose because they were direct, I had booked a train at 9:35AM because it was the only direct train to Coburg on that day.

We arrived at the train station and you guessed it!!!!! CANCELLED.  This time it was because the train would only start in Nuremburg instead of where it should have started (probably Vienna!!) so it would not pass through Regensburg. Sigh, so instead of a direct express intercity train, it was 2 regional trains arriving an hour later than planned.

The room was ready...  but we had to pay if we wanted it right away. What a scam. 20€ to get it now (12:30) or wait 2 more hours. We paid it. Unpacked, peed, and 20 minutes later we were on our way to find lunch.

It was market day, so the Old Town Square was a bit of a mess, but after lunch things were cleaned up a bit more so I got a few shots in, but knew I'd get better unobscured images later. 



In the meantime, we checked out the Moritz Church and lit a candle for my father on what would have been his 80th birthday.


There was a lot of restauration happening around the Ehrenburg Palace and Square so pictures were a little tricky.



Then for the 3rd day in a row, we hiked up to the local fortress on a hill.  





This one was the nicest walk so far, the nature views on the way up were spectacular!




Back in the Market Square by about 4PM, we stopped for refreshments (the usual for me) 

...and I was able to get better images of the surroundings now that the market stalls were finally all cleared away.




Then a small, simple supper and we called it a day.





No comments:

Post a Comment