Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

12 October 2022

Netherlands & Belgium 2022 - Day 6 / Delft

Steps today : 26 541 / 17.33km

Delft today, a repeat for me but I thought Frank would like it and this time, unlike with Rotterdam, I was right! He did enjoy it.

We started the day with the intention of taking the ferry as usual, but when we arrived around 8:30 (and didn't see any boats!) we learned the ferry only starts at 9AM on Sundays, so off to the metro it was. I'm glad we did it at least once, why not, but I am so happy we had the FREE ferry which was a much more scenic ride.



It was a short visit to Delft, aside from wandering and eating, all that I had on the agenda to do was climb the tower of New Church... and it was closed! UGH


Instead, we just admired it from a nearby
café with my now-usual morning boozy coffee.





Since all we did was ramble, here are some random shots of the day:








I was pleased to see the leaning tower of the Old Church was no longer under wraps! It was a disappointing view last time around. I wonder if the lean is now under control?



Lunch was Italian under a leafy canopy.





Then, back to Amsterdam where all I wanted to do was enjoy the views....  but first, a mission to recover my umbrella! 

I was kicking myself all day for not going back yesterday. Would it be there? Did they find it? Did someone take it?

TADA! I got it back! I had a glass of bubbly to celebrate.





Then, more canal walks...








We ended up in Rembrandt Square again, sat in a café, put on our invisibility cloaks and TRIED to have a drink. No luck, we were ignored... but the cat liked us! We eventually gave up and left.



We went back to Dam Square to sit at the Majestic again. Nice patio, expensive spot! 

I really like this picture of my espresso martini with the Royal Palace in the background.  Was King William in there looking back at me?



... and then back to ferry ....



Today's maps:

Delft


Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment