Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

24 April 2018

Netherlands 2018 – Day 9 / Amsterdam

Steps today: 24 130.  This may be a little inflated because I usually check the number as soon as we get into the room, and tonight I forgot. We’ve been puttering around packing our suitcases for a while “earning” more steps. I’m pleased with the step results of this vacation. Yeah us!

So, this was it, our last day Sad smile

Truth be told, I am ready to go home. It was a great time, we loved it, my mom can’t get over how much we did and saw, the weather was great (ok, a little too hot at times but I can’t really complain since we had beautiful blue skies), but I miss home and all good things must come to an end.

Today was our worst weather day, and that just means we had mostly overcast skies. It doesn’t make for great pictures, but it was nice for walking and sightseeing.

We started our day with a visit to the Our Lord in the Attic church. I visited with Frank in 2008 and have vague memories of it being an interesting site… but this time I was really impressed. I found it so much more intriguing since the last time – I wonder if there just were no audio guides then? Whatever it was, it’s improved over the last 10 years.

IMG_4227

IMG_4230

I especially remembered these steep stairs. Frank has a picture of me climbing up them which is really the only way to understand just how nuts they are! The insanity does not translate in a picture.

IMG_4226

Next, we went to the Amsterdam History Museum and just scratched the surface of what there was to see. We didn’t really do it justice, but we were getting hungry and museum fatigue was setting in. If ever I come back to Amsterdam, I will plan better for this one and spend more time there.

For lunch, I wanted to cram in as many Amsterdam food clichés as I could, so I had some Old Amsterdam Cheese with Amsterdam Croquettes. It was crazy filling and I’m not entirely sure it was worth it. 

20180424_125500

20180424_131620

20180424_131511

Then again, I suppose it could have been worse... We could have eaten here!

IMG_4269

The rest of the day was just a lot of aimless wandering, saying good bye to Amsterdam.

This crooked house really caught our attention!

IMG_4259

IMG_4260

I had to almost lie flat on the ground to get this one… I wish it was better centered but I am not familiar with the correct yoga position it takes to get the picture right.

IMG_4267

Here are some random pictures of our day, you can tell that the weather was not as sunny…  they are all so gloomy!  Still, we enjoyed ourselves.

IMG_4231

IMG_4232

IMG_4234

IMG_4240

IMG_4241

IMG_4253

IMG_4255

IMG_4268

IMG_4275

We left around 6:30PM and when we got back to Haarlem we went out for a last good-bye drink near our hotel.

IMG_4284

20180424_192450

20180424_193012


And so, another one done. Next up is Paris in 161 sleeps… see you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment