Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

22 October 2023

London 2023 - Day 6 / Eton, Windsor & London

Steps today: 25 138 / 16.57km

Today, we were off to Eton! I say Eton on purpose instead of Windsor (which is just up the road) because in all my previous visits to Windsor (today would be #5) I have always wanted to see Eton but never have. I was determined that this would be the day!

Not a ton to see, but I am glad I checked the box. We walked up and down the High Street to the College and back and took in the sights along the way. The whole walk was about an hour.








Once done, it was time for....  you guessed it: G&T




When we were done, a little walk through Windsor...




 and by total happenstance we saw part of the Changing of the Guard.


The only thing I really wanted to do in Windsor was The Long Walk. I've attempted it on every occasion, and on every occasion I have been thwarted by the fireball in the sky. Today was no different. I'll just have to come in January one day and do it.  (It's about 4km)




We headed back to London after this failed attempt, arriving back around 1PM

We visited the St Bartholomew the Great Church - founded in 1123!



Then headed to Café Rouge near St Paul's Cathedral for lunch. This was one of my favourite restaurant chains in London, but sadly most of them are gone and the menu is not as great as it used to be. Ah well, I'm at least glad this one still exists because it's nice to gaze upon the Cathedral while having a meal.






After lunch, we got on the tube and went to Hyde Park. I don't quite remember what the "official plan" was, but I wanted to show Frank the Animals in War Memorial since he is such a big animal lover.





Then while walking through Hyde park, we came upon the Serpentine Bar and I just  HAD to stop to enjoy the moment. To sit down and have a prosecco by the water. Frank was not interested, but I somehow succeeded in twisting his arm and he relented to sit there while I had a drink. I think he was reluctant at first because he was either just too tired or needed to pee, but we were both so entertained by all the birds in the lake that it turned into a really lovely stop.



Hyde Park was a pleasant as always



By about 5:30, we were at the Albert Memorial, always impressive no matter how many times I've seen it!




And then, we felt like we still had room for a little something something so we made our way to Caffé Concerto...  LOLOL  Of course!

I said before one of the reasons I like this chain so much is because there is something for every meal in every mood...  well look at this!  For me, a non-dessert person, this is absolutely PERFECT!


And who can resist a little smile in one's drink?


Home after this, a little earlier than usual - back in the room by 7ish. Frank developed a little blister under his foot, and was limping a bit to compensate. The limp gave him more trouble than the blister due to the strain it put on his ankle, so we said we'd call it a day and go rest.

A few night shots of Royal Albert Hall along the way...



Day 6 Map - Eton & Windsor

Day 6 Map - London



No comments:

Post a Comment