Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

22 October 2023

London 2023 - Day 3 / Oxford & London

Steps today: 22 467 / 14.81km

Off to Oxford today! Breakfast was a coffee and croissant to eat on the train.

We arrived around 10 and just enjoyed walking around town, we were not in the mood to visit the inside of anything, and I admit that I sort of regret not seeing the Alice in Wonderland stained glass windows but nothing really tempted us in the moment - we just enjoyed the stroll and admiring the architecture.









And of course, Oxford's most recognizable building: The Radcliff Camera!

A bit before noon, we stopped for a drink at All Bar One (another chain). Pink gin for me today and I loved it! .... but you can't quite see it in the picture, it's very faint!


We were comfortable, so stayed for lunch. The ubiquitous English Fish & Chips. Delicious!

We wandered around town some more after this




Around 1:30 we stopped for coffee at the Grand Café, the site of the first coffee house in England. This kind of tag marketing works on me; I'm not a dessert person and I even ordered cake! Victoria Sponge, and Frank had to help me finish it... after he had his brownie & ice cream! He is a dessert person.


We strolled around town some more until about 2:30, then headed back to London.

Back in London, first on my agenda was the Sunken Garden to see the Diana statue I missed yesterday. 

Then it was time for supper. We tried to go to Yo! Sushi but the location I remembered in Kensington was closed, so we went to another restaurant I had on my list: Ivy Kensington Brasserie.

The last time I was here it felt like a really nice evening out. Today, it was a fail. It was raucous, Frank didn't like the menu, it didn't feel as refined as the last time and the cacophony just gave me a headache.

I enjoyed my meal, but the evening was a flop. 


Frank was generous enough to indulge me for a nightcap, so we ended up (where else) at yet another Caffé Concerto!

Back to room by 7:30, the end of another great day! 

Day 3 Map - Oxford

Day 3 Map - London


1 comment: