Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

14 June 2012

Chicago 2012

I love Chicago so far! I feel like we'll only be able to scratch the surface on this trip, but that just means we have a reason to come back again!

By the time we are finished on Saturday morning, we'll have done a very good job hitting the sites in my Fodor's Top 25 Chicago Guide.

So far, we've done:

• A drive along the lakefront with a stop at a beach (forget the name now).

• Hancock Tower. Instead of the observation deck, we went up to the bar for a drink. Came out to the same price, excellent views, and more comfortable to linger around.

• Magnificent Mile. We walked up and down it, you know I am not a shopper, but it was still nice.

Over the next two days, we plan:

• Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise.

• Lincoln Park Zoo.

• Millennium Park. (this includes 'The Bean').

• The Rookery

• Willis Tower (a.k.a. The Sears Tower)

That 8 out of their list of 25 in less than 3 days. Not bad! Plus, there are quite a few I don't want to do anyway (like museums) because the weather is so nice, I want to enjoy it too!

For lunch yesterday, we were planning to go to the famous "Pizzeria Uno" for Chicago's famous deep dish pizza, but it was a 45 minute wait, so we went next door to have it at Due instead. It was good, but so crazy filling we were full all day with no room for diner! We just had cheese and crackers at the hotel.

Great hotel by the way!! Big room on the 23rd floor. We booked last November and got a CAA discount, so it costs 170$ per night. This morning, I notice they slipped the guy next door's bill under our door, and he is paying 399$!!!

The only bad thing, is that our camera broke! My husband dropped it TWICE. Thank God it was him and not me!! LOL... I'd have never heard the end of it!!! So we are going to start the day with a trip to Best Buy.

Here are some pictures I snapped with my IPod of the Hancock Tower and the view from the bar on the 96th floor:



1 comment: