Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

28 September 2011

Switzerland 2011 - Day 8 to 12

Cheese-Count so far: 3 fondues and 4 raclettes.

I have not really had a chance to check in to my blog lately...  too busy eating! Plus, European keyboards are a pain - nothing is in the right place, and it takes forever to write a sentence because you have to keep going back an editing it!

At this point, catching you up on what I have been upto will be pretty much a review of my trip, and I am saving that more for a longer entry with pictures etc.   Instead, I will just entertain you with a funny story that happened to my aunt.

For months and months she was planning a surprise for us. She said she would join us in Zermatt for a day (Friday) with a friend of hers - but instead she showed up on Thursday, alone, and had also checked in to the same hotel as us for the same 2 nights.

Looking back, I might have suspected something was up, but I never put the pieces together.

When we got to the hotel, I noticed a box of chocolates on the bed. "How nice!" I thought, "The hotel gave us chocolates!!" I didn't actually pick them up to inspect them any closer, and my husband swore to me he thought we got chocolates too the last time we were there. I was SURE we did not, and concluded that he had probably just eaten them!

Later, after we finished unpacking, I flipped over the card that came with them and read: "Hi guys! Welcome to Zermatt, see you later. Auntie"  Nice!, but then I got to wondering, how did she send them to the hotel? Did she mail them? But they were not packaged or anything... then all was explained when I bumped into her in the hotel lobby.

She had checked in about an hour earlier and had the staff leave them in our room.

We had a nice lunch (raclette), went for a walk, had a drink, then back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner.  She got back to her room, and to her utter shock, found a Japanese man in her room, on the bed, reading a book. WHAT??

Turns out, when he checked in to the hotel after my aunt had, he was given the wrong room key (her key) and so they were both in the same room.  It's even MORE unbelievable when you consider that my aunt had unpacked!!  She had some things on the counter, her suitcase on the floor, bathroom items out, even some clothes on the bed! The room was so obviously occupied - what on earth was he thinking!?!!

Here is the lesson I picked up: screw hotel policy; take you key with you when you leave!

                                                                                                                                                              

As far as the trip is going - it's still fantastic! We realy liked Interlaken a lot, although the hotel was not that great, I don't think I would recomend it. More on that when I write up the trip review.

Now we are in Aadorf staying with family for the last couple of days, hard to imagine it's almost over!

The weather has been outstanding, aside from rain on the first 2 days it's been perfect. Great weather for Alp-gazing!

Bye for now, time for bed... another full day ahead tomorrow!

1 comment: