Flight Diary Stats

My Flightdiary.net profile

11 June 2011

Stockholm 2009

StockholmJust like Denmark, saying that I have seen Sweden is somewhat of a misnomer. I’ve only seen Stockholm. (pictures)

We spent 4 days there, which I think is the prefect amount of time for a city that is not the size of Paris, London, Rome etc.

We flew overnight from Dublin, via Riga and we thought we were being so clever – saving a night in a hotel.

I loved it though, so picturesque with all the bridges and islands… especially the old town – Gamla Stan.

Gamla Stan

Again like with most place, I can’t pin down one specific reason over any other that made me love Stockholm… It’s just so beautiful, how could you not get sucked it!

Maybe part of it was knowing I was in Abba country! LOL I might be showing my age here, but I am a huge fan!

I read on the internet about the future construction of the Abba Museum, and wanted to go and take a picture of where the building would eventually be! HA HA what a loser! Turns out we walked by it 100 times never really realizing we were right next to it and never got a picture!!!!

We don’t spend much time in Museums when it’s nice out, but I am happy we made time to visit the Vasa Museum. It was outstanding!

As far as our most memorable moment in Sweden goes, you can read about that here. Enjoy!

Panorama of Riddarholem from Stadshuset Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment